View Single Post
Old 11-03-2007, 12:58 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Post Surgery Headache w/noisy head

OK, now I'm not sure where to post about my surgery so I will do so here. If not right someone pls correct me.

I have had a terrible headache that started about 3 days post surgery. I asked the plastic surgeon about it at 5 days and he said--"not my territory, must be due to your other conditions". But then I asked his nurse who told me that a LOT of wmn have a really bad headache and that it could be due to anesthesia or meds or the surgery or whatever. At 6 days, when I reutrned to my quiet home I noticed a loud buzzing sound in my head. Then at 7 days post surgery I had a very heavy car trunk come down on the back of my neck just below the occiput. Since then the headache has grown to include the front of my skull too--incl. sinuses, jaw, eyes, cheecks, teeth area... Now I'm at 9 days post-op and the headache has subsided some but it's still bad. The noise is still there. I know that it is partly muscular from my tight neck, shoulders, jaw, etc. and maybe it is partly medicine related, whether anesthesia or oral meds.

I am taking fish oil instead of anti-inflamatories now as my stomach ODed on them. I'm on less meds but they are Lyrica and Lidderm and also ice-packs, Tylenol, Vicodin and occassional Flexaril. I'm taking in extra fluids in order to release all the toxins from my body. My "stop-gap" doctor (still no treating doctor) suggested massage but my body with all of it's many stitches is not ready for any kind of pulling on the skin. If anyone has any suggestions for reducing the headache I would LOVE to hear them.

Last edited by fern; 11-03-2007 at 03:36 PM.
fern is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote