View Single Post
Old 11-03-2007, 04:13 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default The answer is yes..

Hi Ali..

I have balance problems too but less so I think.. my right leg jerks sometimes and my equalibrium is off so if I turn to fast I get disoriented and fall sideways a bit (s'why I like walls the hold me up some days) I found this article that talks a little about it.

Quote:

RSD WITH DYSTONIC FEATURES represents yet another special category of sympathetic pain. In this case the person afflicted develops both features of the Triple C syndrome and a movement disorder. In mild cases there may be only a complaint of decreased balance of dexterity. In moderate cases there may be visible contractions of a single muscle (like a writer's cramp) and in more severe cases an entire limb may move about uncontrollable.

While no one really knows for sure, it is felt that the over activity of the C fiber causes "cross talk" to neighboring motor nerve fiber (like a short circuit) and causes the motor nerve to fire. It may also be due to a defect in the brainstem itself.

End quote.

Source is a great read here:

http://www.homestead.com/scrsda/SCRSDANEWS.html

Ali you are so brave and supportive in your postings always with an incouragement for others

I will look for clinical trial type studys and case studies for your doctor and therapist to enlighten them.. being told it is in your head is nasty for recovery as stress is such a huge part of pain increase and it causes anxiety and insecuritys on top of what you have to deal with day to day from RSD, some people just don't understand the effects their words can have on people who are already grasping at straws to figure out whats going on with all these new symptoms we have now aye, and it hurts to be told that its in our heads, to be not believed.. there are a few studys on that too I think.

Hugs little budy you are not alone in this, hi to ma too.
Sandra
Sandel is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote