View Single Post
Old 11-03-2007, 09:55 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Vicki,
I am sorry to meet you under these circumstances.
Welcome & I would back up what Ali posted completely.

Of course, I don't know your insurance situation but the one thing I would suggest is to press on & obtain a definitive and TIMELY diagnosis & then pain relief & all the medical help Ali suggested + whatever else you can do.
Your idea of a neurologist is sound as a next step but a Pain Management Doc / team might be a better way to go but getting the right treatment soon is so very important.

Finding a doc who has experience in this syndrome is most important.
AMA 5 is just one of the many outlines for diagnosis (depending on the policies & country you are in). The management of CRPS is approached very differently depending on where you are in the world. In some areas they (pain management centres) are run by aneasthetists but they can be neurologists.

A doctor competent in this area as well as being caring & understanding with empathy for your situation is also important.

Meditating is a very good adjunct to chemical pain control as is Reiki but you need to really confirm that it is RSD or CRPS as it is called presently as soon as you can.......but your prompt & accurate diagnosis is pivotal.

Lots of good caring people here with a great knowledge base.
Best of luck on beating this situation.
Auberon
Auberon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote