View Single Post
Old 11-04-2007, 03:30 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Hi, and welcome to the forum,

Another thing to do along with what the others said is to ask your PCP to send you to an Anesteologist that has an office set up that does blocks. The block will help with the diagnoses and it might help to get it into remission.

I ended up with RSD from Thoracic Outlet Surgery. I had a rib removed in my lower neck/ clavicle are to release nerves being pinched. I do believe I had the RSD from falls but the TOS surgery just brought it out more promenently.

Also as the others said, a good PM group would be another choice. I saw several Drs. PM's, Neurologist, a Rhemotolgist, 1 other TOS Drs. and none of them would diagnose me. I believe also some don't won't to diagnose it because they have it figured out how to make money off of a person and if they say you have the RSD along with what they take care of such as the tos or the rotator cuff surgery then they can't cut on you. I also saw an Orthopedic Dr. and I believe he knew what I had and didn't want to say the words but he knew not to do surgery either. He was ignorant about blocks. I have a block before any surgery now to keep the RSD from spreading.

What helped me tremendously was blocks, Triggerpoint injections, Physical Therapist that are very up on RSD, meditation, and prayer and meds. I am on very minimal meds due to getting mine into remission to a big extent.

What you will learn it is sure not an overnite thing to get diagnosed or try to get undercontrol. It seems like years for most to even get it to where they can live with it and then it's a day by day thing.

Don't give up though, you will finally find a Dr. that will know it and diagnose it and maybe help get it under control. My thing is not to stick with a Dr. that is not doing anything for you even if you like him. I have Drs. I like but that doesn't mean they are always doing what's right for me.

I hope you stick around. There is so much to learn here and many to learn it from. You will also be in a place here where you are with friends and people who can relate to what you are going through.

Ada
dreambeliever128 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote