View Single Post
Old 11-04-2007, 09:24 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thanks Everyone! Feeling a bit better this morning. More draining but less headache until I start doing--stuff. Gotta watch that desire to DO stuff.

Re headache.
Yes, I've had the noise before. It was worse I recall pre-neck surgery and for some time (yrs) after. I can always hear the "sound" if I press my palm into my forehead as in isometric style; even when I don't have the headache. Then I developed a ringing due to way too much Neurontin some years later; that seemed like tinnitus and dropped off w/reduction of Neurontin. The noise hasn't been around lately until post-this reduction surgery. I expect, though I am not a pro, that the headache and big noise are symptoms of swelling but I don't have any idea if that's correct.
btw-Pre-my neck surgery they tested me for a suspected "bruit" and it was negative.

If no other suggestions I will sub. Tylenol for Vicodin as I have already started to do (1/2 Vicodin + 1 Tylenol.) I was told by stop-gap doc that I could take up to 1250 Tylenol at one time.

U suggested to ask my TOS or surgery docs, but sorry, thats not happening. The Plastics doc said "not my problem, ask your treating docs" even though his nurse reported to me that many wmn get a headache post-op. I asked the "stop-gap" doc but he didn't care either and told me that it was clear I didn't have a concussion from the trunk--which I knew anyways. He wasn't willing to answer more than 2 Qs on the phone so I am on my own.

I do have an appt w/a pain doctor this week so I will ask him. Well, I'll ask hiThat is if he sees me. As I said this town s***s; I've lost count how many docs I've visited or phoned in my search for a TOS treating doctor. Last week was that head of Neurology at the Univ MN who said that TOS is usually caused by surgery, is 95% vascular and so NOT a neurological issue and may not exist at all. All that before he cancelled my appt for me after I had dragged myself there feeling terrible post surgery and had to get my mom to assist me in getting there. Remember the bridge collapse?; the Univ MN clinics are right over that and some other bridge.

Re: the Lyrica. NO, I was never told to watch my blood sugar. I only realized my weight was gain due to Lyrica when I read this on our forum. I will ask that Pain Doc to check my blood sugar; thank U tshadow. But monthly?; I hope not.
fern is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote