Thread: Bad Fall
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2007, 02:08 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

On the mats....cow mats are a bout a half inch think and weigh a ton...you need two full grown men (Lester and Clay) to load them in your Ford F150 pick up truck....you buy them at local farm supply stores. Once that thing is down, it is not going anywhere....it is about a 4 x 6 size, comes in a variety of colors...BLACK. It does have a half inch lip you can trip on. At the farm store it is a COW MAT.

You can also buy mats at fitness stores, but only get commercial mats similar to cow mats....there they cost twice as much, roughly 80 bucks, and you can get BLACK with red, blue or other little flecks of color.....Don't call it a cow mat there, they might take it personally....Likewise, you need 2 men (Bjorn and Lars) to carry them out to your SUV or similarly large vehicle.

Don't order them online as the shipping is by weight, and then again, if you don't have a Lester and Clay or a Bjorn and Lars at home, getting the mat where you want it might be difficult.

Don't buy any flimsy mats or you will slip or trip on them....the mats I refer to are like flooring essentially. They break your fall, but you can't expect to escape serious injury no matter what....it beats brick, concrete or ice. Did you know ice is 7 times harder than concrete? I wish some one had told me that before I decided to relearn how to skate a few years ago. (Don't worry, skates are gone, but I did get pretty good at skating...for a while anyway.) And yes, anything that contacted the ice other than the blades, still hurts.
cyclelops is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote