View Single Post
Old 11-04-2007, 05:24 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Confused chronic pain in tailbone

Hi. my name is Debi. I am glad to find a site that I can discuss things with people that have struggled with similar issues.
Over the last year I have been sent from doctor to doctor with tail bone pain that doesn't seem to have an answer or resolve. I feel as though I am sitting on a hot poker. It started with lower back pain that I have been pretty much struggled with for most of my life. Although, 10 yeaars ago I got a flu that the doctor treated with antibioltics. The back pain was so bad that I couldn't touch my toes, all of my joints ached and I thought I would freeze to death. When the flu symptoms left I was still so, so, so cold that my fingers under my nails would turn blue and my lower back ached. I live in Florida and kept going to the doctor who would say, "You have hypothermia." My continual question was, "why, it is 95 outside". I also had chronic constipation. The doctors have had no answer despite many blood tests, colonoscopies, etc, etc. Two years ago I went to a naturopath who said that I had lyme disease years ago that was not treated. The tests he took showed it and he treated me with herbs. Many symptoms left, but I was told that it could cause neurological problems. Anyway, about a year ago I started having tail bone pain that was like sitting on a hot poker. Over the last year, I have had a pelvic MRI and MRI of my back. I was told that I have tarlov cysts, but they don't cause pain. I had three ct scans, several x-rays, pelvic exams, colonoscopy, colon transit study, and have been moved from gastronenterologist to osteo doc to neurologist to gynecologist. No one can find a reason for the pain. The CT scan accidentally showed that one of the cysts burst and I am having a hysterectomy for some other issues. The doctor doesn't think that any of it is the cause of tailbone/back pain. Has anyone out there struggled with any of this, do you have any kind of insight or have you had any good results with treatments?
Debi Neiberger is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote