View Single Post
Old 09-29-2006, 11:29 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Angry What do you guys think....

Right before bed tonight, Vince told me casually that his new case manager was 'mean' to him when he was crying at school. I asked what happened, he could only say that she wouldn't hug him, told him to go sit under the table, and that 5th graders don't cry. So, below is what I think is a WAY REASONABLE letter I sent to her:

I need some clarity on something Vince was trying to explain to me. He said he was crying at school, and you told him to go sit under a table to cry, that 5th graders don't cry, and that really hurt his feelings.

Vince is a little tape recorder, I have no doubt this was said. I also have no doubt there is more the story, and he was not able to tell it. Could you please explain what happened? He was very upset. He said you refused to hug him as well.

I would expect if my child was upset to tears at school, he would be consoled - and not because I requested it, but because of a true and deep caring for him. I will really try and hear your perception of things. I really do try to work as a team and support the adults that work with my son. I want to be reasonable and hear you out, but I feel Vince should never walk away with the perceptions he did today no matter what.
Milivica is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote