View Single Post
Old 11-05-2007, 12:39 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default RE: Anyone Treated with Cortisone Shots for Thigh Pain from disk problems?

I have disk problems & the pain you talk about on the outside of my thighs.
My doctor told me the pain on the outside of my thighs were "Trigger Points".
I have tried Trigger Point shots. They do not last long enough for me. What works best for me is Lidocaine Patches (RX). The trigger points make satellite trigger points if they are not worked out. Try a tennis ball to work them out with.
When I had the Cortisone shots in my back & neck.....I woke up from them with Zero pain, only the pain returned in 3 days. I have had several hoping they would last at least 2 weeks, they never have.

Not everyone is the same. Hopefully you will have great results with yours. It certainly doesn't hurt to try & just think how wonderful it would be if it worked!

There is a site I use a lot. It is: http://www.myofascialtherapy.org/symptomcheck.html

After you read the first page & click okay for legal stuff. Go to the next page & click on where you are hurting. Scroll down it will then show you where the referred pain is coming from. Each X marks a Trigger Point. After you find the one that describes you click on the X. It will explain a lot about that area.

Best Wishes
Sunny is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote