Thread: BBB update
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2007, 01:37 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by reverett123 View Post
Neurologists dismiss the importance of stress because that is the province of endocrinologists. Furthermore, stress can trigger inflammation which involves chemicals called cytokines and they, too, are neuroactive. But they are the territory of the immunologists. We are stuck in the crack between these three disciplines.
I don't understand why doctors and scientists from the different disciplines aren't working together. It seems like they do in the study of other disorders. I'm pretty tired as I write this so it's hard to think... but this just seems so wrong.

I've learned more about how to cope with PD from this forum than from any other source. It's great that the forum is exists, but it's sad that there aren't other similarly valuable sources. Of course, I'm a newbie and haven't yet been able to go to one of the high-quality clinics.

I'd like to know if there are any people who are actively engaged in the study of PD who are lurking this forum. I understand why a professional wouldn't want to express an opinion. It sure would be valuable for them to monitor our writings. Perhaps we need to give the URL to our doctors and urge (or maybe coerce) them to browse the site.
K.Ibsen is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote