View Single Post
Old 11-05-2007, 09:13 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Do you get asked about your scar?

Well responding to one of Fern's posts this came up (for me)...about docs asking about my scar from my TOS surgery...let me explain.

Since I had my rib removal I have, on a number of occassions, had to see a health care professional...many docs at walk-in clinics, an ortho and an athletic therpist (for orthotics)...in all cases my TOS surgery has come up - either because of the meds listed as being taken by me, or because of my scar. In EVERY CASE the conversation has turned to my TOS surgery...being asked "did it work?", "what were your symptoms?", "who performed your surgery?", "are you back to work? do you plan to go back? what did you do?". In all honesty I love answering the questions because this is generally happening back in the town where I had a hard time getting a diagnosis so any word I can get out about TOS is bonus in my opinion.

My scar is still pretty visable...I suspect it always will be there since it is right on my collar bone...I am sure in time it will continue to go down but for now, it is still RIGHT THERE...

So do you folks get asked about your scar alot or is it just me?
JAMY is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote