View Single Post
Old 11-05-2007, 11:26 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default For those of you interested in NeuroFeedback therapy

A therapist I saw some time ago has started working with a modality that he thought might help me called Brain State Technologies. So I checked out their site and watched the first video on this page:

http://www.brainstatetech.com/video.html

I remember people a while ago having this extremely strong interest in NeuroFeedback therapy, but none of them seemed to be able to get any real information on it. Well, this Brain State Tech stuff is (according to the video, anyway) based on Neurofeedback therapy, so you might find the video enlightening.

The clip is long (40 minutes), and in truth it doesn't directly talk very much about its applications towards brain injuries very much (if at all), but there is a REALLY interesting section of the video that shows how a mouse's brain reacts to a significant internal trauma. Basically, even after the actual trauma has subsided, the mouse's brain continues to hold onto its defense pattern that was created during that trauma, in essence leaving the brain in a state of degraded suspended animation (instead of just going back to working the way it was before the trauma occurred), at least that's how I interpreted it anyway.

I haven't watched the second video, so I can't comment on that, but I know a lot of us on here aren't working regularly, so at the very least... hey, decent way to kill 40 minutes, right?
PCS McGee is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote