View Single Post
Old 11-06-2007, 08:54 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimS View Post
Dh swears by glucosamine, MSM and chondrointin for his joints. It's one of the few supplements that he will remind me to get BEFORE we run out.

I must admit, I don't notice a difference with them either but I've upped my dosage and will see. I have certain joints in my back that get a minor ache once in a while but it doesn't 'seem' to be attached to any food. Because dh swears by it so much, I'm hoping that upping the dosage will improve that dull, minor ache.

As I'm keying this in, I'm realizing that it's not hurting at all right now but I can't really say yet if it's this stuff... until I cut it out and add it back in a few times to see if there's a correlation.

I'll let you know when I've got some 'better' results.
After getting the e-mail on this thread this morning, I realized that I've figured out the lower back pain is dairy related.

I gave up *all* dairy completely. When I added it back in, the lower back pain came back. I didn't really notice it until I was lying in bed. I've done this three additional times (at least) all with the same result.

Oh, and to my chagrine I noticed that I did not voice my support of the nightshade/joint issues in my first post. We most certainly do notice a difference in joint mobility etc. in our home.

I've also helped a dance instructor through a total elimination diet and we did indeed find that her joints improved a great deal until we added potatoes and nightshades back in. She gave them up easily as she'd obviously rather do without the joint stiffness.

I still haven't really noticed any difference with gluc./chon./MSM but my husband still swears by it and won't miss it for anything.
01/02/2002 Even Small Amounts of Gluten Cause Relapse in Children With Celiac Disease (Docguide.com) 12/20/2002 The symptomatic and histologic response to a gf diet with borderline enteropathy (Docguide.com)
KimS is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote