View Single Post
Old 11-06-2007, 11:33 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

All the time!!!! My scar is a nasty red thing that is about 4 inches long, under my right collar bone. If I wear anything other than a t-shirt, it is noticeable. The most common thing people say is "Oh! What happened? Did you break your collar bone?"

From those (friends, family, co-workers, etc.) who knew what happened and why, upon seeing it for the first time, when it was new (and I still had stitches hanging out either end and/or it was still taped up) I had so many different reactions: I had two girlfriends actually cry, upon seeing it! Other people, would try to be nice (and try to hide the look of shock on their faces) and say, "Why dont you try some Vitamin E lotion on it or something?" or they would say "Its not that bad. In ten or twenty years, Im sure it wont even be noticeable anymore." My favorite reactions was from a male mountain biking buddy who said "Chicks with missing ribs are hot!" and my son who said "I like it, mom. Its your 'badge of honor'." Now that is what it is known as...
mtnmom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote