View Single Post
Old 11-06-2007, 11:40 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Sciatica L4-S1

I am looking for some help as well. I pinched something during labor with child number three and I was ok up until now. In April 2007 my sciatica pain became so great that I gave up running an decided to take some time off to let it heal. Well in August while getting up water-skiing in a shallow lake the fin on the back dragged in the muck and my hips popped forward creating so much pain that I could not walk for over a week. I went to the ER and CT Scan showed mild diffuse disk bulging at L4-L5 and moderate right sided disk protrusion at L5-S1 that contacts right S1 nerve root. Driving a car hurts the most and I am not running at all which is really depressing me. I have been in great shape most of my life and compete in triathlons and I am going nuts not being able to do anything without feeling imense pain all the time. Have you tried anything called the Invertac, and did that help anyone. I am very leery about surgery and not sure if I need it. Oh, and our insurance sucks. I don't have anything that covers any of my back costs.

Desperatly seeking the old me.
littlena is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
tamiloo (05-28-2010)