Thread: Question
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2007, 01:00 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi everyone,

Ya know, for me, it's no so much as sleep. I get home from work, exhausted. I have dinner and then go downstairs and "assume the position." The problem that I have is between 6:00p.m. and 9:30 p.m. when I'm watching tv. I am in such pain. My doctor will only give me tramadol for my pain. It doesn't help. It's like I'm in pain if I move and I'm in pain if I don't move.

I just saw my doctor yesterday about this. He really didn't have any answers. There isn't documentation supporting why post-activity pain is so horrible. He mentioned fibromyalgia. That just seems like a "blanket" diagnosis. Yep, I hurt and he doesn't know why. I really like my doctor, but there just isn't enough information and medications that have proven to help. It's like you have neurontin, cymbalta and lyrica - these are the three meds that are in the main circle of meds to help (according to him). Then, outside that circle are many more meds that are a "try it - they may help" category. Well, with working FT, I don't have that luxury.

I will get another heating pad. I do think that will help. The one that I had doesn't work anymore. Does anyone know of a large (body size) heating pad? Either that or I may need to get a heating blanket instead.

I wonder if constant moving will help? Like doing leg lifts while sitting there?

I have no idea. What does everyone else do for the "post-activity" pain?

I'm on baclofen (muscle relaxer)
med for inflammation
I just stopped amitriptyline
Started Neurontin today - I was on it about 8 months ago, but thought that cymbalta or lyrica would help more. Cymbalta caused my eyes to permanently dialate and lyrica caused violent myoclonic seizures...
dealingwithtos is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote