View Single Post
Old 11-06-2007, 04:39 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default K.Ibsen...very sad

to read your post titled "Letting Go". I certainly do not know your circumstances related to family, but I have to question whether or not they would be in complete accord with your thoughts about "letting go"..to live their normal healthy lives without you? Do you really think that they would/could be happy doing this? If so, then, of course...it WOULD be time to let them go. However, has it occurred to you that they just might NOT feel as you do...that they just might need you to "open up" to them so that they might have the opportunity to discuss what might really be in their minds and hearts about you? Is it possible that you're thinking about a choice that you THINK would be best for you withut really KNOWING how others feel? Could you just be ASSUMING that they would rather you allow them to go to live their lives as YOU THINK they would choose to do? I wonder just how you might feel if you could know that this would NOT be their choice? Would that not give you the strength and courage to continue to be part of their lives...knowing that this would be THEIR choice? Certainly, these are all rhetorical questions on my part but I felt compelled to "ask" them and to share them with you if even to give you something to ponder. As I said..only YOU know your circumstances so that none of the questions that I've posed would even be a consideration. I just couldn't read that title, "letting go" without responding in some way. If anything at all positive evolves from my writing, I will feel that I've done my best to try to change how you're feeling at this particular time.

Take good care...
Therese
Virginia Therese is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote