Thread: Trigeminal pain
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2007, 07:36 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Yes I will push for a CT scan.

I am long overdue for another scan.i have big problems with my C-spine, I already know I do.

The TMJ started along time ago with teeth grinding,and clenching my jaw. But it was still in the begnine stage.

Then as I said I was driving to the doctor that morning in heavy traffic,and I got a jolt near my ear.I was afraid to turn my head. It then was giving me shooting pains down the bottom of teeth. My scalp was also hurting. Now it's in both ears, and the entie joint area is affected,and my jaw hurts to open.
I have been sleeping with a hot water bottel on my jaw.

I knew it could only be a few things. Trigminal neuralgia,TMJ, or temporal arteritis. All 3 have some similar traits. But he did not even consider temporal arteritis. He said no to TN, since it's on both sides of jaw,very close to ears,and in scalp muscles,and also very sore jaw joints he said it has to be TMJ. Since I knew I had bruxism, I accepted the diagnoisis,but never thought bruxism could lead to such horror pains. My face really hurts and now I have to find activities that do not rquire the use of my mouth or jaw such as talking & eating,and the like until this settles down one day.

I understand that it's a very misunderstood condition too,as i read the TMJ forum, people are on that forum saying that it has ruined there lives and it's the most painful condition. When you get the shooting pain it feels like someone is trying to rip your jaw joint out so I totally understand. I apparently have at least a moderate case so far as I have pretty severe acute pain,and shooting pains. Who knows for sure but,it may even be TN to some extent. How perfect things can be.
Aussie99 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote