View Single Post
Old 09-30-2006, 02:29 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Rick:

I also had some surprises when I did my glucose testing. I'm not sure how to compare the readouts I'm getting compared to yours. Maybe its just the decimal point. somewhere I have the ratio of sugar to somethingorother, I'll have to go look it up. It's been 14 years since I had gestational diabetes, and have tested twice over the line for diabetes, but was able to bring my blood tests back in line by exercise and losing weight. I have a feeling this is going to take more work. Most of the readers perusing this thread probably have no idea what their blood readings should be and I don't understand yours you've posted.
the range as I understand it is 3.0 (below that your in serious hypoglycemia) to as high as upper teens (15-20) and probably going to go into diabetic coma. I woke up this morning with a reading of 6.4 which is very high for first thing in the morning -should be in the 4.5 range. Then when my meds went off this afternoon I nearly had a heart attack when my blood tested at 9.1. My range should be 4.0 - 7.0 Out of those readings I'm into bad weather! I have to start reading because I've forgotten a lot. I'm a sugar junkie...can't imagine what a piece of cheesecake would do to me. I still have your e-mail I think...I'll keep up with you on this one. There is definitley a tie in between balanced meds and balanced blood sugar. I'm keeping a log of what and when I eat and will test about 7 times a day like I did when I had gestational diabetes. Also I have a friend who knows a lot about the patterns but I won't get to talk to him for 3 weeks at least. I've got a current copy of the GI index, but the old counting carb routines I'm more comfortable with because I know portion control is critical. Sorry if any of you reading this is feeling overloaded with info, but Rick is right....this is important and critical stuff. Why have two holes drilled in your head if you can avoid it. PS taking a blood glucose test while off is VVVEEEEERRRRRYYY tricky! What is "Oxidative" stress?
rosebud is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote