View Single Post
Old 11-06-2007, 08:25 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Mike; I am about 1/2 way into week 3. I went back to work last Wednesday and by Friday night I was so exhausted, I wound up sleeping most of the weekend. I was in a lot of pain too but I am thinking that was due in part to female problems. It was all I could do to get through yesterday until about 3ish then I came home and walked for the first time since last Thursday. I felt much better after that. Today was rough at work but it was easier then it has been. I don't have it in me to walk today though. I just had a bowl of soup and all I want to do is go to bed.

I am down to 1/2 a pain pill at night though. I think that given my sensitivity to pain meds, any more than that and you'd never wake me up! Tylenol still doesn't quite cut the pain but it helps.

I am managing one hour when I do walk, at 20, then 25, then 30 speed on the treadmill (leveled, no incline). Usually about 2 to 2 1/2 miles. The issue is of course that I need to walk daily and can't seem to do it all. I live alone though and my time off is gone, the rest would be leave without pay.

This has been a rough one, no question about it. And I worry that I can't seem to get enough walking in. The surgeon is getting me a bone stimulator belt that he hopes will help. Did anyone have one of these?

I'm drinking protein powder every morning and taking a ton of vitamins including Calcium, Vitamin D, Glucosomine, antioxidents, etc., in an effort to get my energy back. My co-workers said I'm too thin but I really haven't lost, I think I'm just toning from the walking I am getting in.

Any other ideas out there? I need energy.
abbygirl312 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
tamiloo (05-28-2010)