View Single Post
Old 11-06-2007, 09:16 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default We have somehow gotten off- track?

I believe this is not only my feeling, but that of others... Some sense a 'club-iness' going on. At times I feel it too well. I have long tried to ignore it but cannot anymore. It is going on, while behind the scenes. Some aspects I do not object to as, there are many here who require additional support or plain old 'cheering' on that which really cannot be done publically. What is bothering me is the assertion at times, by SOME, that THEIR pain is more important to others. Well, in THEIR world, yes it is. In the whole of the fabric of the world it is not.
To those who have pain more disabling than the 'rest' of us, maybe you should get a wake up call or three by reading all/ALL the posts under Parkinsons, Spinal, MS or Chronic Pain! Keep in mind, that many of us plain OLD HURT in a whole host of ways! To be bluntly and crudely or blatently honest, I have found other outlets that are much more sympathetic to those of us with multiple chronic pain issues. Many posters there also post here, but seemingly less often here. You who are arbiters of who goes or stay, take a good look at yourself... [as Johnny Rivers said in the early 70's] and find the answer.
I think you would have to read thru ALL my prior posts to get an inkling of the constant daily pain I live with. I despise the boards where everyone goes HUG-HUG we loove you and you'll be fine...I Learned to live with my abilities/disabilites on my own, before I found any support here and at first was rejected [on the prior board-unmentioned] because it did 'not fit' here. I do not believe I have but once bleated about my pain or the pain levels. Few responded, as few could relate.
I am finding fewer really good people who can contribute or in need contributing due to a few distinct personal opinions...As one who has been the beneficiaray of 'incorrect opinions' in the past, to much physical damage I find myself one much inclined to not post other than the most basic informations PUBLICLY any more.
I would like to believe that I have never combined my opinions with any of the facts about PN or any immune illnesses. I state my opinions separately from any facts I have found. I present the papers, resources, notes and research separately from my opinions to allow any one person wrestling thru the PN diagnosis to read and come to their own conclusions. New key Informations for old timers has apparently gone 'unread'. Unless 'recycled' under their nomes de plumes. I don't care about that..per se, just that it gets SPREAD..? I do find, tho- others proporting postions that advocate philosopy of MY WAY OR THE HIWAY in more than one circumstance -somewhat disconcerting under overall aspects, no?
Sympathy for those who have no back up resources is apparently 'unread' as well. What goes around, does, DOES come around. Think hard on that. It could be you next. I wake up every day, wondering about me. Sympathy, empathy, action. They go hand in hand really. Either next door or miles away. Dr Oz Or Oprah ain't gonna cut IT??? Frankly are they even gonna get yer mail? NO....Let alone pay yer bills when your disability is cut off. NOOOOOO. You don't know how to VOTE or advocate for your/our Cause? Go live under your rock! PLEASE!
It is likely that I may 'bruise' a few feelings with this post. I frankly do not care one way or the other. I follow my own conscience, and it is proof in the actions, not in the 'words'. I hope that my mere words here, and actions in other ways have shown that I can be true to my commitments. I fear others may not be, or maybe they question their own actions? I am like Don Quiotes' sidekick...always there patching things...I truly wish I were not riding an *** in the process? - j

Last edited by dahlek; 11-06-2007 at 09:54 PM.