View Single Post
Old 11-07-2007, 12:30 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Um, I found your post confusing, but that was probably just me because I am REALLY brain fogged tonight. Still, I'm going to try to offer a few thoughts.

I have found your replies to my posts, and indeed, most of the posts on this forum to be helpful. I'm still trying to learn about the whole neuropathy thing and due to cognitive dysfunction don't retain information well, so I do sometimes have to be told the same thing multiple times.

I do wish I could be more helpful myself, but my computer time is pretty limited due to pain and fatigue (and I'm sure most people here can relate to that). So even when I want to read all the new posts and chime in, I end up choosing just a few and replying only to those where I feel I can contribute something worthwhile.

On a side note that may be off your topic, in past years I actually did contact Oprah's show multiple times to try to convince her to do a piece on invisible chronic illnesses. They are not interested in anything that doesn't have a happy ending. And even though there are many many people in horrible pain that have done great things in their lives, the healthy world tends to see disabililty to be too much of a "downer" and something that of course will never happen to them.

Um, I'm not sure where I'm going with this. I'm still confused.

fanfaire