View Single Post
Old 11-07-2007, 02:29 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Alright, I watched the second video, this one IS good.

There's a lot of fairly heavy psychiatric/neurological language, and the lack of visual aids (the ones he's referencing no less) is annoying, but what this guy is saying is RIGHT ON.

I was seeing a therapist for a long time who bore a striking resemblance to this man both in teams of appearance and philosophical leanings, and he actually showed me the polar bear video that this guy talks about at the beginning of his lecture. After seeing that, I can tell you with every degree of certainty that when an animal does let go of a trauma in the way this man describes, it is a frighteningly violent reaction.

That said, if I'd gone into a discharge seizure moments after I hit my head (instead of immediately getting up and trying to show everyone that I was okay) I'm absolutely certain that my injury would have healed over within a week (as is, we're at 4 and 1/2 years and counting). The impact itself wasn't at all dramatic, it was the recovery that proved to be bizarre. That's telling.

I'm trying a new hypnosis based therapy tomorrow which I'm hopeful will work for me, but if it doesn't I'm planning to try this brain state technology stuff in January, after I build up enough money to try it (it's not the cheapest therapy on the block... though I guess it costs about the same as a couple months of therapy, and people rarely get much accomplished in a couple months of therapy... I'm living proof ).
PCS McGee is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote