View Single Post
Old 11-07-2007, 08:14 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Lynlee,
I really cannot stress enough, that health care professionals opinions whether neurologists or not cannot be taken as the ultimate truth. The really good ones will simply say they do not know. There is so little known in this area. It is very lightly touched on in medical school. If you are motivated you can improve. How about increasing the mental stamina problem, in a similar way that a person increases physical stamina, very gradually. Has anyone tried just working 5 to 10 minutes longer each day etc and seeing if this helps. The impression I get is most patients seem to be their same old intelligent self at times but it may be just for 5 minutes. They tire out quicker with too much cognitive thought. The simple idea of trying to condition mental stamina gradually, takes alot of patience but I wonder if it would help. Just keep firing those neuron pathways but everything in moderation so you do not have it backfire. There is always new pathways to create in the brain if old ones are broken. You guys are in control, not the health professionals, their experience can be helpful but never let it affect your precious motivation. Hope all you healers are well. We are doing well, my son is finishing up cross country season and keeping grades up, no emotional breckdowns and he is avoiding drugs and alcohol for now. I enjoy all your threads and am learning from them.
Nancy F is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote