View Single Post
Old 11-07-2007, 10:56 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi J,
Hooray for you! So glad you are prepared ahead of time with "easy eating", nutritious food. That will make a huge difference in how well you heal from the extraction!

There is really no need to concern yourself over the fact that this tooth has resorbed. It does not complicate the extraction at all. I agree with your dentist in that you will be ok for thanksgiving dinner...... so long as you follow his post op recommendations which will include rinsing with warm salt water several times a day beginning the day after the extraction and continue with it for several weeks after. If you've read Chemar's posts on her own dental experience, you can see how well she healed because she took care of herself afterwards! Her recommendation to take the arnica pillules worked like a charm! Arnica is also used in cosmetic surgery to reduce inflammation and pain...... it does not interfere with meds and can be used at your discretion. I have patients that do not need any pain meds because they said taking the arnica every 3-4 hours does the trick!

I don't think you will be given an rx for perioguard. The salt water is the perfect healing tonic for oral surgery. I know you are anxious........ but you will be fine!! Bring a set of headphones and your favorite CD to your appt and turn up the volume!! The procedure will be quick and you will be ok!!

Please keep us posted....... ~'.'~
Bryanna
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote