View Single Post
Old 08-29-2006, 09:24 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Kathe Thanks for the reply, I most certainly will have all my recent film with me when I get evaluated by my new NS!

I was thinking the same thing about the rib thing, but hopefully this will be explained to me on Sept 12th!

My hip pain has been mildly chronic for years but in the past two years I have had three "attacks" where the pain would come out of nowhere and dibilitate me for one to two weeks and then it would go back to just a dull ache and somewhat sensitive to touch.

The area is really the upper right rear pelvic area. I did a lot of research and thought it was iliac crest syndrone but evidently my Orhopedic Doctor must agree with my PM Doc that it is Lumbar related.

I have had one symptom though that no one has addressed or should I say dx'd it and that is that my right upper pelvic area makes a nice popping noise if lying down on that side. The popping noise is very similar to the noise I had in my right shoulder which was a big bone spur causing that I guess with a ligament or tendon rubbing over it. That was taken care of with surgery.

So, I still have the popping noise near the point of the upper part of the pelvis, I still have pain in the same area but more on the back upper portion at my belt line.

I mentioned earlier that my PM thinks the pain is referred from a nerve branch having issues in L3/4 or L4/5 and he wanted to inject steroids into those nerve branches and for the moment I said no.

All of this is secondary to my cervical issues which I will make an updated post about later........

Jyes
Jyes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote