View Single Post
Old 11-07-2007, 02:43 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Thanks for the reply

To PCS Mc Gee, Looks like there some brain power being applied to this research on NeuroFeedBack.

I order the book Getting Started with NEUROFEEDBACK by John N Demos ISBN number 0-393-7045-5. Barnes & Nobel and it should be in with in 3-4 business days. The Table of Contents seemed interesting as it deals with a wide scope of Nuerofeedback, from how it works, what equipmet to buy and the clinical assessment process and the patients experience/ therapy with the re balancing of the brain waves, make since.

I talk to my friend about this last night who is a hypnotherapies. Jack hold a Doctorate in this field of study and he seemed to think that rebalancing the brain waves was an important place to start and that a person needs both the visual & audio in this rebalancing in order for the brain to relearn what the correct brain waves are in balance. It seems that the 3 main brain waves get knocked out of balance during the truama to the head. Jack also seemed to think that once the brain waves are returned to there correct levels that that this will become part of the brains auto regulartory system and you will be able to do this rebalancing or maintaining of the correct brain wave levels on your own. In his opinion the brain needs both the visual and audio information/ stimuli in order to heal and relearn the correct brain wave levels

I'm a novice in this area of study, so I have a lot of question and research to do before I make a commitment to this type of therapy. I do think that this is part of the solution for me.

I did check out a few clinics on line and there seems to be a two part process. 1. The assessment and 2 The treatment. The bench mark seems to be that you will need 40 sessions at 50.00 125.00 per session plus a follow up every 3-6 mouths and of course your time and fuel cost to make the office visit.

Starting to run the numbers. It looks like I'll need to make a 1200.00 to 1700.00 investment in equipment, hardware and software and I'm not sure if there are any hidden cost at this time.

A friend of mine suggested going into a clinic and experiencing what a neurofeedback session is. Does it work ? How does it work ? and what are the results ? Try before you Buy.

Appealing Kaizen to neurofeedback therapy. Ask small question. Think small thoughts. Take small steps and solve small problems. Thanks for your help Mc Gee. Jeffn

Ps How the hypnotherapy session go. Is that helping ? *
jeffn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote