View Single Post
Old 11-07-2007, 03:29 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Ali,

I just got two puppy Shih Tzu's in late summer and was running into the same problem. Now, I don't work so it may be easier for me to do this than someone who is. But I give them "power naps" throughout the day. What started as several has gone down to two. So, basically, they are up EARLY and eat and then play. Then I put them in their crates from 9:00 am until about 11:00 or 12:00. Then the play until about 3:00 or 4:00 when I put them down again for another hour; after that they play for a long time, eat, do their business...by 9:00 they are ready for sleep.

My husband, I should say, earlier on, was letting them play all day. So, of course they were ready to sleep by 6:00 PM and when that happened there was no putting them to sleep by 9:00 PM LOL!

I really think what works is having them take the two naps each day. Your pup is younger so he may want more than just two naps a day. Oh, and doing it this way, with the crates, is much easier for pottier training. When they come out, they are ready to go!

Last edited by Kathi49; 11-07-2007 at 03:31 PM. Reason: Added More
Kathi49 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote