View Single Post
Old 11-07-2007, 03:43 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Dag,

You aren't going to like what I have to say. But in all honesty no doctor should go blindly in and do an ESI! If I were you, I would cancel. I am sooo sorry because I know you want relief. I had a friend that was going to have a stellate ganglion block by TOUCH alone! I had her see my own spinal PM and he said...absolutely not...never, ever have any kind of spinal injection WITHOUT flouroscopy! Not only that but she didn't need it as she found out in the long run.

Honestly, though as far as pain or anxiety or holding still goes...you CAN do it. It is NOT that bad. But if you are anxious you CAN take a Valium or Xanax; they don't consider them "pain meds" so they are okay. And my own doc, just the other day, gave me Versed but only because I hate facet injections and mine were high up...C2/C3. Honestly, I worked myself up over nothing....piece of cake.

But as for this other, please don't allow them to do it without fluoroscopy. Are you POSITIVE she said no fluoroscopy? If so, please cancel. I hate to say this, I really do. But I wouldn't risk it at all! But if by any chance you find out differently, and they do use it, just remember...you can take something for anxiety if you have anything like that. Just don't take alot!
Kathi49 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote