View Single Post
Old 11-07-2007, 04:32 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Deb, I have to agree with Kathy. I would never allow them to do that without flouroscopy. I think that is very arrogant of that doc to not offer pain meds, anything for anxiety and the worst is to think that they can go in blindly and hope nothing goes wrong.

I had a selective nerve block done today and he always uses flouroscopy along with versed right before the procedure. I am still awake and feel everything, although it is not very painful. I did feel the pain in my usual spot in my shoulder and arm so he knew he was in the right spot but as soon as he added the numbing medication it went away. In seconds, literally.

If it was me I would cancel and try to find a doc that will use flouroscopy and also think about your comfort and anxiety beforehand. Can you call around and ask other pain docs about how they do their procedures? There are docs out there who can help you. Do you have insurance? Maybe you can call your insurance company for a list of pain docs. They are sometimes listed as anestheologists also. Good luck and I hope you find some answers...Sue

PS I just reread where you say you have contacted 5 or 6 pm docs in the past. I am so sorry that you can't find someone to help you. Maybe if you post where you live you can find someone familiar with docs in your area.

Everyone is born, but not everyone is born the same. Some will grow to be butchers, or bakers, or candlestick makers. Some will only be really good at making Jell-O salad. One way or another, though, every human being is unique, for better or for worse. - Narrator (From the movie Matilda)

snoozie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote