View Single Post
Old 09-30-2006, 06:54 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default MS ?? back from hospital - still in limbo ..

hi again, I was visiting the "original Braintalk forums" - I did not post much, because my English is very often not good enough to "let me say what I really would like to say" .. so I was mostly just browsing and looking around .. and I am glad to have found this "new" BrainTalk again ..

there is a few new things about me .. but I am still in limbo ..

briefly:
- I have had many MS symptoms for a couple of years, getting worse, but no attacks (fatigue, muscle weakness, tingling, pareshesias, L´hermite, dizziness ..)
- plus I also suffer from some other symptoms that - as my docs say - have nothing to do with MS - e.g. constantly moving/wawing/oscillating vision, swolen lymph nodes, myoclonus/muscle jerks, tinnitus, constant burning feeling in my muscles/skin (??) in hands, around stomach, neck ..etc.
- my docs keept telling me for many years that my problems are just "psychological" - so there "was no need" to do any serious examinations/tests etc.. - so I was treated as a hypochondriac for about 9 years ..

this summer I finally found a new neurologist, who sent me to the hospital to prove/rule out something - susp. MS - so I finally went through MRI, EP, Lumbal Puncture etc .. ... which I was really happy about ..

but - the results did not help me much to get out of the "limboland" - because the MS has not been proved ... because there is no evidence of anything anywhere but the spinal tap:

I have elevated levels of IgG antibodies / 4 oligoclonal bands in CSFluid ..
+ my blood tests showed some autoimune problem,

+ I have no reflexes on the left side of "abdomen area" (I do not know the proper name of the reflex, it should be present when skratching with e.g. pencil on the "around stomach" skin)

the result that my docs told me was: we do not know ... and told me that I would just have to wait - at least a year, may be ten years - until "something happens" ...

so I am much more hopeless now then before - the only difference is, that before going to hospital I only felt - and now I am sure - that there is something wrong - but the neurologists now say "this is not neurological" problem - but all the other doctors keep sending me to the neuro back again .. etc..

last week my GP sent me to hemato-oncologist to rule out "myeloma" or "lymphoma" or whatever like that .. and the oncologist also told me, that my symptoms are typical for MS - and - even if the results will prove the lymphoma or whatever - this would not explain my neurological symptomatology ...
SO - I am lost again ..

so - please - has anyone any suggestions / experience ??
thank you, a.
alena is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote