View Single Post
Old 11-07-2007, 11:24 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Heart I would like to pray for your son

I am 48, but when I was in Denver having my surgery, it was with a younger woman who was about 28 (est.) She had a rib removed, and scalenectomy. She felt GREAT by the day after, and she was out and actually got dressed and went out for dinner on day 3.

I did not have any complications from the surgery itself, but I had some due to medication issues (my work comp would not approve the meds I had been on, so it was sort of a forced reduction immediately after surgery, and, I had also developed fibromyalgia and apparently the surgery really flared it up.

I have neurogenic TOS, and I can say that the actual surgery opened up my "area" so that I had almost no headaches for a year, better circulation, and it put my RSD into remission.

Now, I am very, very optimistic that for your son's condition, ("type" of TOS), that this surgery would be very beneficial for him.

But, no one can make these decisions or predictions, because of the nature of anesthesia, etc. I researched my doctors and interviewed four total, (two in Denver), and I chose Dr. Annest of Denver. I place a lot of faith in the Denver docs. (Not to say that I have not heard good feedback on your doctor also.)

Whenever someone is going into surgery, we post it here, and then there are many of us here who pray for that person. If you feel like posting at such a time, I know that we would definitely gather around to pray and hope for a great outcome and the safety of your sweet child.

God bless you and the decisions you are facing. I can't imagine.
tshadow is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote