View Single Post
Old 11-08-2007, 08:43 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Just a quck update as I haven't had time or pain-free time to be on computer. I am at 2 weeks today and the headache is subsiding. I FINALLY had an appt with a doctor that understands TOS and my meds and what it is I am looking for. I had never had a good experience with a Pain Doctor before so I am very relieved. But he said he doesn't see people twice--darn; I forgot to ask but I think maybe it's because he's the head of a program. The follow-up at his clinic is with a man I've spoken with, very intelligent and understanding and I think a nurse. We had a teriffic meeting. I brought him many of my records to puruse and he had a bunch of them copied. I brought up the hypermobility issue as I really hadn't done that before except for asking neck neuro surgeon some yrs ago. I feel confident that he will find me the caregivers I am looking for and yes, he did provide me with the prescriptions for refills I was in need and it is wonderful to have that off of my chest! Also he gave me a script for Ultracet so I can get off the Vicodin --which I asked 2 other docs for but was denied.) And lastly, I drove myself to the appointment. I still hurt a lot but it feels good to be independent enough to be able to drive a bit. I still can't open a heavy door or carry things so I have to wait around and request that of people but no problem. So now I still lack a TOS treating doctor but have confidence I will have one soon.

The reduction site is healing fine but the feeling of wearing sandpaper or a coat made of broom bristles around my upper arms remains. And a lot of stinging and deep pains too, but tolerable. The doctors both said it is only disthesia and I know it will go away. I feel better knowing it has nothing to do with RSD, something I fear from any surgery as I know how terrible a sentence RSD can be. Good suggestion Melissa, I am trying what you mentioned with the fabrics and touch, as the TOS surgery recommends.
Regarding the vasoline, I was told that's not such a good idea. I am using a Vit E oil immersed in other good oils. I don't mind using a lot as 4oz were only $4 at Trder Joes.

I'm in a rush as my mom is having cataract surgery this morning and I will help be her partial caregiver now. I haven't recovered as fast as I thought so there is another relative in place to drive her and to do most of the work.

Thanks to everyone for your support. I don't have time to read other threads for a few more days but I hope that everyone is doing well. I send good thoughts to all.
fern is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote