View Single Post
Old 11-08-2007, 09:54 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Hi Andrea,

I would definately seek another opinion. My thing is with Drs. on RSD is even if they are known to know a lot about it, they don't always. Even if you have a Dr. you like, if they aren't doing what they need to do for you then find one that will.

As far as the block, I had a side effect from the 3rd one and we stopped. I chalked it up to a panic attack. The Dr. decided to quit them for awhile BUT, the 3 I had helped me immensly. Anything is possible with anything in life. I hate it when people tell me something couldn't have happened from something else. That block could have caused her this problem. Also the meds used could have caused a problem.

Do the Drs. know that Allison knows this happened to a classmate? I would venture to say they don't so they think by trying to convince you that it can't happen, you have no way of knowing different. Drs. don't think about us getting out and meeting others who have gone through the same thing or on the internet so they think we have to take them at their word. After what I went through to get to where I am today, I am not one to trust Drs. too much. I have a lineup of good ones that it took me forever to find so there are good ones out there. That's why I encourage people to go to another one if they aren't getting the results they want.

I can imagine what Allison is going through. Most can here, all they have to do is remember what they are going through now or have gone through trying to get the RSD under some kind of control.

I do hope she gets the help she needs to get better. I hope she finally finds a Dr. that will do what she needs done.

As far as the protection mechanism, I think we do try to protect the part of us that is giving us the problem but the reason we do it is because we do have the problem and we don't want to make it worse.

I don't lift my arms over my head, I don't do anything that would mess my arms up anymore then what they already are. Same with my foot. I try to protect it from something making it worse. The RSD and pain is still there, why shouldn't we try to protect the injured areas?

Good luck with getting her better. She will get there. Don't lose your faith and don't give up. I know you won't though.

Ada
dreambeliever128 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote