View Single Post
Old 11-08-2007, 10:18 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Hi Debbie,

I am so glad to see you posting again. I have been thinking of you and wondering how you were. But I do know you keep busy with the girls.

I laughed when I saw your post and then got on the site and saw Wal-Mart named. That is a conversation a friend of mine and I have all of the time about Wal-Mart. She is in a wheelchair and I can walk but I do have my handicap hanger in my car. I will park other places on a good day but if I am using a cane or just having problems with my feet, I will try and find a handicap parking spot.

When we go to Wal-Mart we see cars parked in the handicap spots with no stickers what so ever. I very seldom can even find a spot and we live in a small town. The only thing here is that I live in a retirement town and we have a lot of disabled in this county so even if others weren't taking the spot, I would most likely have a problem finding one.

It does make me and Lilah angry when people take these spots that aren't disabled. She can't even go into Wal-Mart if we park too far away unless someone can push her and I can't. She will stay in the car most of the time at any store.

I have thought many times about calling Wal-Mart and getting them to try and deal with this issue. I haven't because I just thought they'd pass it off as nothing.

We got a ticket one time for parking in a JCPenny parking spot. The snow had the whole ground covered and this was before they gave out the hangers for the mirror. Bill was diabled before me so it was for him. The court wouldn't throw it out but he had to sit for two hours in the jail talking to the guy there for his punishment. He loved people anyway so that didn't bother him. I don't believe though in this town we live in now that it is enforced enough.

We have talked about too how some of us look so normal with RSD. To look at me, you wouldn't think I had a problem. What gives me away is all of the scars on me. I have 2 on my neck and I also have a little bump now where the wires are sticking up from the VNS. When my feet are at their worst I am limping or using a cane otherwise, I look normal. Don't get too upset about it, we know where we are with the RSD and other problems, some people just don't see it.

Have a great day.

Ada
dreambeliever128 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote