View Single Post
Old 11-08-2007, 10:39 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Very interesting. The first year of Part D I hit the donut hole in July. So when time for renewal came along, I researched the various providers. There were none without a donut hole. One of the larger providers, however, assured me that if I took their most expensive plan and bought through their mail order supplier I would not hit the hole until November. I subscribed with an $88/mo premium. They covered my drugs for January, February & March. I held off ordering a supply for April because I was scheduled for DBS. Well, after the surgery I still needed as much medication and I called to order. They told me that there had been a change and that now one of my meds (Mirapex) would now cost $1,304.00/month. I cannot affort that. I looked into Canada. I now get all my meds for $250/month. The provider continued to bill me the $88/mo premium. I cancelled the policy. They wrote to tell me that I ccould not cancel until November. My response to them was, "sue me!" I haven't heard a word from them.
MKane is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote