View Single Post
Old 11-08-2007, 12:16 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

I have been reading the Dr Oz books one is You the Owners Manual and another is You on a Diet. They also have You the Smart Patient and is about getting the best treatment.I was told I need to express myself better here so this is very helpful for me. So anyhow I don't need to loose weight but I want to eat better. The diet one though seems very informative for people who do. I work with a nutritionist which I think is so helpful and encourage you and others to try one. I'm on an exhange based meal plan that is based on my calorie needs. My nutritionist is not about diets even for people who need to loose weight cause my friend who is a compulsive eater goes to her but about a lifestyle change. No quick fixes but about health. Its about eating every few hours,balance of carb/protein/fat at meals and snacks. You need carbs but the good ones. There energy and if you add a protein and fat it will help slow digestion.That keeps you satisfied and like the energizer bunny.The eating every few hours keeps the furnace going so your a calorie burning machine. My dad is having similar issues. When he was younger being so thin ate junk. Now he has super high cholesterol and pre diabetes. So he has had to change the way he eats and now exercises. My nutritionist always reminds me that proper fuel and a healthy body also helps with meds being absorbed. I really need to work too on better eating. I gained the weight but my food choices are less then optimal. I have learned so much from you all and the problems that can arise when older.Some things we can't control with our health but some we can. I think reminding ourselves that. Good luck.
daniella is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote