View Single Post
Old 11-08-2007, 01:11 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Liza Jane

I had mega doses of both Taxol (5 doses) & Carboplatin (6 doses). Because the Taxol was so damaging, it was stopped after 5 infusions.

It’s pretty clear the combo caused whatever is going on with my mobility & balance problems. The mobility deficits started about 6 months prior to the cancer dx so I asked my current neuro to test for paraneoplastic syndrome (autoimmune reaction to a cancer wherein your immune system attacks other {non-cancerous} organs) and which sometimes lasts beyond the removal of the tumor. It was negative.

I haven’t had the tests you mentioned. The main reason for a Mayo visit is to have a battery of tests which would be evaluated by a team working in conjunction with one another. Right now I have had scattershot tests, no one to coordinate them, no one who suggests what approach to take. Also, I’ve had such a variety of opinions: I have had the following dxs: PN, fibromyalgia, polymyalgia rheumatica, etc. MRIs, emgs ---inconclusive. To date no one has suggested IVIG or a duragesic patch or TENS. Maybe the team at Mayo will explore many more options than I’ve had so far.

Would you pm me with the names of the HSS neuro & pain person? Also, how have they helped you…ie, meds, p/t, etc.?

Daniella: I think you’re smart to re-submit your info to Mayo. All they can do is say “no.”
And at least you’d have given it another shot. Please let us know what response you get.
antonina is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote