View Single Post
Old 11-08-2007, 01:19 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Thank you for the feed back

To PCS Mc GeeThanks for the heads up in regards to the Hypnotherapy. You are correct in that a person needs to be in a stable enviroment before they even start this type of inner healing work and that it is very unwise to go playing around in your sub conscious mind alone. You need to create a safe zone before you even start this or you could end up in Lolli Pop land. Your intuition is a key player in this healing process from a TBI/PCS and yes it is very wise to follow it's leading when your dealing with these type of internal emotional injuries.

*I was involved in intercessory prayer for years and you must use a great deal of discernment and caution when your dealing with emotions [Trauma] and a persons sub conscious mind or you could end up in one of those black holes of depression causing more harm then you started with. Like yourself I have experinced that and it's not a good place to go so I'm being very cautious when it come to treatment/healing of the brain.

I learned from my neurpyscologist that the brain will go through it's natural healing process within 2 years and after that point the person will have to start the relearning process creating new channels in the brain to process information.

Neurofeedback seems like part of the solution as the brain waves are rebalanced in the brain you can then start the relearning as it is very difficult to learn or create new neuro transmitters or channels when you are in pain as the pain must be dealt with first. Example try learning something new when you have a migrainheadache.

What I'm seeing is the healing process or treatment is in 3 parts. 1.The brain waves need to be rebalanced in order for the brain to start the relearning process to start2. The pain: chronic fatigue, chronic pain which is the nerve damage, depression, migraine headaches ect need to be healed/treated as they are the symptoms that the brain is sending you as red flages that something in hurt/ injured in the brain3. The cause is the TBI or emotional trauma that the brain is frozen into and this is a natural instinct from the brain to save ones life.

The brain does not know that the treat or danger is no longer present and because the symptom are still present chronic pain and nerve damage ect, the brain is doing what is hard wired to do to survive. Self Preservation.From what little re search I've done on TBI/PCS is that the Trauma will need to be treated and the emotions from the trauma released from the body / mind. This may need to be done in an controlled enviroment and in incremental steps as not to re injure the damage part of the brain.

Going through the learning curve and it's a Big One.

What is cellular release therapy and how does it work?

I had about 10 session of message therapy when I was first injured and this seemed to help but I know that the is still a great deal of nerve damage to the muscle tissue that need to be corrected.

Thanks for your feed back Mc Gee

Jeffn
jeffn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote