View Single Post
Old 11-08-2007, 02:44 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

PCS McGee, I have not watched the videos yet, but everything you have learned makes sense to me. I am approaching the six month mark of my accident and I was wondering if my brain was somehow preventing me from returning to cycling. I didn't think think the crash itself had left me traumatized and I didn't have any nightmares about it, but did suffer from anxiety for a while and thought it was due to all the circumstances, like the criminal elements involved and then I didn't really get any justice.

But mainly, the first thought that went through my mind as I was thrown onto the car was "am I going to die". Now my next though as I heard the sound of metal scrapping - and this is weird under the circumstances - was
"this is really going to mess up my bike". Now I think this prevented me from thinking about my family, which would have been too overwhelming. Anyway, my injuries weren't that bad and when I tied to move on my concussion symtoms got much worse, therefore there must be some connection with the subconcious mind.

Also, it's weird that you mentioned dog attacks as I was bitten by a huge German Shepherd almost exactly four years prior to this accident while on a bike ride. That time I didn't crash and was back to riding two days later, but did have nightmares about it for a while and am now afraid of large dogs.

Last edited by Sissy; 11-08-2007 at 02:51 PM. Reason: add
Sissy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote