View Single Post
Old 11-08-2007, 02:51 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

I was at Wal-mart last week... I parked, legally, in a handicap designated space with my placard hanging from my rear-view mirror. I never really think about being able to get in and out of my car as the spaces have huge marked access areas---slash marks on painted in white and blue.

I have a wheelchair in the back seat of my car but didn't use it that day as my mother was with me and she went in and got one of the power carts for me to use.

Imagine my surprise and horror to come out and find a LARGE---Coca-Cola delivery truck parked in the access area next to my car. I was livid... then to top it off, the driver was unloading the truck with his cart less than 2 inches from my car. I told him he was in a handicap zone....he laughed and told me---it's not marked. I exploded---I pointed out the slash marks and told him those weren't placed on the ground as decorative art!!! He refused to move out of my way, refused to move his truck, kept unloading the contents of his truck forcing me to wait at least 5 minutes before I could even unlock my door. No big deal to him... but to me it was torture---is was very windy and about 35 degrees outside. This guy laughed at me the whole time I was forced to wait and then he took his cart and walked away...truck still sitting about 2 feet from my car.

I called the Wal-mart manager from my car after I was able to get in... he apologized over and over--told me he would take care of it... I tried to contact the regional manager for Coca-Cola but he has yet to take or return my calls....

Oh well.. that's my latest handicap parking zone saga....
Abbie
Abbie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote