View Single Post
Old 11-08-2007, 02:53 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Smile Welcome back!

Hi Josh! Great to see you out here on the flip side! How was your hospital stay? I hope all went well.

When I had both my surgeries, I had 4 weeks symptoms that were worse than pre surgery. You have a lot of internal swelling, which will get worse before it gets better. At three weeks post op SuperJoyce spent a lot of time helping me get my range of motion back and encouraging lymphatic drainage. These things were very helpful to me, and after two or so weeks of that treatment, my arms started feeling a lot better.

Sooooo, just give it a little time. It isn't so often that someone cuts you open, tunnels in, cuts out some bones and muscle, then sews you up again! (I had a great time trying to explain the concept of the surgery to my 4 year old when i had mine...'isn't that going to hurt, mommy?')

So just try to take it easy and rememebr that at 3-4 weeks post op you should feel at least as good as you did going in, and then it should start getting better...that was my experience both times.

Glad you made it through, and I DID think happy thoughts for you on monday morning!!!

Johanna

johannakat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote