View Single Post
Old 09-30-2006, 08:36 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hello,
Years ago I suffered a post partum ordeal that became full blown panic disorder, my dr. suggestion was to send me to mental health, I knew my own body so I knew I wasn't crazy, just not in control of my thoughts. My sister had gone through the same ordeal just the year before and actually went to the doors of a pych ward before she backed off. A friend from across country told her to buy Hope and Help for your Nerves by Claire Weekes, so she in turn told me to get the book. I was so wracked that I ordered every book she had authored, actually the only book one needs is the first one mentioned above. I was such a wreck that at first I couldn't even absorb the words of her book, but after about a week I came away with the phrase "Face, accept, and let time pass" every time I started to feel panicky.

With the sudden onset of my PN sixteen years later came great pain in my ankle and a huge anxiety that landed me in the ER thinking I was having a heart attack. Once again "Face, accept, and let time pass" became my mantra, okay, along with a milligram of ativan..

Clair Weekes died many years ago, but that book continues to serve alot of people and I highly recommend for anyone going through anxiety, panic disorder. It saved my sanity and I still use it today. I hope this helps!
jannaw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote