View Single Post
Old 11-08-2007, 05:56 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I get a fair amount of exercise during the day despite my balance problems. I walk about a mile every day to and from the sandwich shop at lunch time, and make many trips back and forth from shipping, the warehouse, and my desk. This doesn't count some of the lifting that I do if we're short handed. I end up shipping small packages, up to 65 lbs. out from the warehouse. If I don't get a sandwich and bring my lunch, I'll go for a walk anyway around the office park.

This exercise is in addition to my piano playing when I'm up to it, which gives me quite a workout. This is both mentally stimulating as it requires thought about technique, tone control, tempo, fingering, etc. In addition I also play the clavichord, which requires extreme muscle control in the hands and fingers in addition to the above.

For plain mental exercise, I'm finishing off my Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology. This is defintely a neuron booster especially with algebra. My current algebra class dusted off the neurons I haven't used since 7th grade!

I too can say that I do feel a lot better when I am mobile both mentally as well as physically.

John
jcitron is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote