View Single Post
Old 11-08-2007, 06:31 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Handicap Parking

Debbie and All,
I just had to repy to Debbie's problems with parking. I went to my neurologist's office yesterday here in the Philadelphia area [where it just recently got real cold]. Her office always has a lack of parking. There are a few handicap spots out front of her office so sometimes I luck out and park there. If there is an open spot in front of her office AND an open handicap spot I will have whomever is driving me park in the spot and leave open the handicap spot. However, there was no parking yesterday anywhere. I had my driver pull to the side of the curb and drop me off in my crutches and wheelchair. I noticed a big red BMW SUV parked in the handicap spot without plates or placard. I was furious and thought about calling the police but was busy with "trying" to get into the office and out of the cold. After my appointment with her, she comes out of her office with keys and says she has to move her car and that she was in the handicap spot. I turned to her and said that I was upset that she parked there because it is for people such as myself. She said there were no spots for over a block away. I couldn't believe her and told her she could get in alot of trouble for doing that and she moved it right away. I would give anything to be able to walk 10 blocks to my car without crutches and a wheelchair!!! I was shocked to see my own doctor parking there. I believe I got my point across to her. I felt she was embarrashed that I caught her and told her I had to park down the street!!! People just amaze me anymore. I like the idea of having a "Handicap Patrol" in each city. Good idea!
Take care,
kathy d.
kathy d is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote