View Single Post
Old 11-08-2007, 07:29 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thank you .

Two of the funerals are sort of related - friends of mine that I grew up with and who are also the step brother and son-in-law of another friend, who was taken to the hospital by ambulance yesterday. He's home now and doing okay. He and his wife were asked: "Are you considering suicide?" . Geeze, I know it's a lot of stress, but there are not feeling that level. His wife thought he was having a stroke and called 9-1-1.

His sons and I have decided to not tell him, for now, that his 88-year-old mother got news from her doctor today that she needs surgery. Her grandson and his wife will come home (from overseas) next month and be with her for the surgery and though her recovery.

His wife called this morning and asked me to write a eulogy - for the services tomorrow. Either his wife or their pastor will read it; my doctors have advised that I not travel to the services. His wife thinks that I'll be able to "capture" her husband's sense of humor and convey his personality better than anyone else. Talk about pressure, but I'm not going to let her down. I am going to avoid, though, repeating things he stated or the eulogy could be a huge bomb. His mother-in-law thought the things were funny, yet he did have such an off-beat or twisted sense of humor, which might not go over well with some. That's probably why I got along so well with him .

Bobbi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote