View Single Post
Old 11-08-2007, 10:50 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default hello

Hi everyone Im really enjoying gathering information on emotional support animals. I have one and she is my life. I suffer from depression and anxiety and my lil angel has been great for me, I havent had 1 panic attack since I have had her. My lil angle Missy is so smart that when she hears me say a curse word she puts her paw on me and licks my mouth to calm me down ...she also undertstands when I let out a sigh she comes right up to me and gives me the paw! shes amazing!

From what I understand from what I read under the Federal Fair Housing Act people like myself who are disabled and have the medical proof to back that up are allowed to have a emotional support animal in any housing even places that say no pets allowed. Of course also having the proof that the animal is a huge part of our life and needed to cope.

Now I have 1 little problem involving the HOA where I live. They are scheduled to create new rules for the community and rumor has it will be involving setting a pet limit. We have 3 dogs in our home 1 is my own dog and 2 others belong to a relative. They city in which we live in has no limits on how many animals we can own, some other citys in the county have the same rule and some other citys in the county set limits. Seeing as out city has no limit on the amount of animals someone can have in there home , do you think that would supersede the HOA possible rule??? or am I in for a fight with the HOA involving my condtion and the rules of owning a Emotional Support Animal??

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated!
Mr Mike is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote