View Single Post
Old 11-09-2007, 02:44 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default The Omega Diet!!!!!

I can't remember who recommended it, but way back when, when I was a newbie and knew I needed to lose weight to get this PN under control... I was grasping at straws. I was in too much pain to walk and needed help NOW...
someone recommended the book "The Omega Diet" and I bought it. I have been following the plan pretty close, not to the letter, and I have taken off 30 pounds so far. I am now ready to start walking every day. (Even with my torn rotator cuff). I plan to take off another 40pounds after the surgery to get back to my "healthy" weight of 150.

Basically the plan is, SEVEN fruits and vegetables a day, your proteins come from fish and legumes. Very little breads, cereals, etc.
Eat like man ate before we started farming. Like the indians ate. It is the way our bodies were genetically developed to process food, and it's the way we best process the food.
Cave men didn't grow corn and wheat, they ate mostly berries, roots, and fruits and vegetables. Proteins were fish and lean meats that were free range, not grown on a farm and fed processed feed.
I buy my chicken at Whole Foods and make chicken soup, make one chicken last four meals. Fish goes into salad, soup, and sometimes I eat it alone. I LOVE fish. But, if you aren't a fish eater, this is going to be a difficult plan for you to follow.
When I'm REALLY craving carbs, I boil a Sweet Potato and put some brown sugar on it. If that doesn't work, I grab a bag of Doritos and Much Down!

Good Luck!
SeamsLikeStitches is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote