View Single Post
Old 09-30-2006, 09:36 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by concerned lady View Post
Hi all!

If a pregnant mom eats gluten, and if her unborn baby (her fetus) is gluten sensitive, here are a couple of questions:

1) Does the gluten she ate, get into the placenta, and then into the umbilical cord, and then into the fetus' bloodstream?

2) If the gluten she ate, does get into the fetus' bloodstream, what happens to her gluten-sensitive fetus?

Carol
http://cantbreathesuspectvcd.com
I think about this all the time with respect to my children. I was soooo sick when I was pregnant. By the time I gave birth to my second child I was totally checked out and I could hardly walk. (You'd think someone would have noticed?!) From a health perspective, my kids were generally ok. My second son (born while I was at my worst) had low platelets (as did I) but was overall ok. I will say that he seemed sort of lethargic all the time. It wasn't until he was 4-5 when we took him off gluten (with me) that he really seemed to come to life. I guess I think he didn't really have full nourishment until we took him off gluten. Until then he was always running on empty.
I was so bad off with my second child that he not only got compromised nutrition, but he also had to have suffered from the toxicity of my overall system. Can't be good.

I could see my older son "going down" about the age of seven. He was getting really spaced out and had these horrific rashes all over his body...chronic sinus infections. That was about the time I was crashing too so fortunately I feel like we "nipped it in the bud".

Here is one thought though. I can't see how anyone could have been sicker than I was with my second child. I was such a mess. However, now, with a gluten free diet, both my kids are doing great. They appear to be very healthy (rarely get sick), and they seem to be able to focus just fine in school. So, I do think kids are resilient, and given the right environmental conditions, they can bounce back.

Grace
graceperson is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote