View Single Post
Old 11-09-2007, 06:18 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default hi and welcome

Hi Holhar,
\I had venous tos as well and had rib ressection and scalenectomy due to 80% occlusion in my right side subclavian vein. It was resolved with the surgery....good once fixed but MUST be fixed huge risk for clots...not to worry you but this is something you don't want to wait on. My hand and arm would go massive fingers like sausages and purple...was hellish and the weight of it!!! so hope your surgeon is great....so far from posts I have read you are in good hands. Does your son play baseball????? This can contribute to tos as well. The question to ask is what is causing the compresison. Is it cervical ribs? Is it muscles that are over developed or some other congenital muscle formation/??? so this is important to know or try to find out...I hope you have had chest xrays done and mri's prior to surgery....have they done a veinogram to see the compression???

just suggestions and thoughts....thanks for joining us and looking for support and help.

AHH I just reread and saw what you posted about the swimming and the muscles in his trapezius will be enlarged as well as all arm chest and neck muscles all of these when enlarged and probably super fit so this can contribute to compression as well.....sorry sometimes I don't see things until I look twice......

Take care and keep posting we are always happy to help.
You will be in my prayers.
love and hugs,
Victoria

How poor are they who have not patience!
What wound did ever heal but by degrees.

Last edited by gibbrn; 11-09-2007 at 06:20 PM. Reason: I can't read things properly!!!
gibbrn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote